Monday, January 25, 2010

YATC (yet another twitter client)

image My twitter followers have probably realize by now that I’ve been playing around with the Twitter API. I’ve been trying out the API and I created a command line tool to update my twitter status.
I tried lots of clients but it is still a pain in the a*s to go to a different application or web browser to update my status.
I have a command line window open all the time so now I’ll be easier to update my status. In case you want to give it a try you can download it from here. The use is real simple, just type twit <your status> and that’s it. If it is the first time you run it it’ll ask you for your twitter credentials.

Edit: as of today (Jan 28th, 2010) twit has bit.ly integration. Just type your status with a url and twit will post the bit.ly short version of it. Yes! I like playing with web APIs.
As always, this bits have the “works on my machine” warranty :)
works-on-my-machine-starburst_3

No comments: