Friday, September 14, 2007

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.

Same reason to previous post.
I got this error while working with my WCF client app trying to reach my services. If you Google around you'll notice it's related to SQLEXPRESS and probably, you have it installed but your not using it (at least that's my case).
Anyways, the thing is a bug kinda reported by Microsoft here (it's not my the exact behavior) and you can ask them for the hotfix (I have but they haven't sent it yet) or you can follow these dude's steps to fix it.

I know there's a comment about not fixing it but it worked for me.


Edit: Microsoft has sent the fix. I won't install it yet since I already fixed and they scraed me with that mail :(


No comments: